How do you change washer in these taps? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do you change washer in these taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
23030846_10155127826175897_1878130794_o.jpg
And is it a standard 1/2" rubber tap washer needed?

Thanks

Standard 1/2 washer mate. One of the best taps ever made !
Looks like somebody has had grips on the backnut before you, good luck

And, in theory you can service it without isolating because the autoshutoff device won't be at all seized up having been there 40 years :)

Let us know. I may be wrong about the autoshutoff - I was speaking from cynicism rather than experience. I rather like Supataps - I do have a customer who has some, but they have yet to require attention.

Used to work on lot's of them as an apprentice more than 35 years ago.
The auto shutoff should work but you may need to tap the pin that is left protruding out of the tap a few times. The washer fits into a flow straightener that often breaks (and may not be available) and you do need special washers for them see 1/2" TYPE D SUPATAP WASHER | eBay but be warned there are a few different types of washers!

I think a high pressure ballvalve washer can be fitted into the jumper as a temporary job if you haven't the new parts.
Some of the tap washer kit boxes have a couple of the Supatap complete jumpers complete with washers.
Brilliant taps for simple fix without water needing isolated and their lifespan. I know a pair of Supataps that are from 1950 and been used every day.

Yeah, the Holdtite boxes come with Supatap washers on jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You can see a dent in the form of a ring in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.toolstation.com/flat-tap-washer/p25929
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like there the wrong size ones worst...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you used 1/2” and had to squash it in, it’s...
Replies
Views
Back