How does this tap and shower work????? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How does this tap and shower work????? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I have recently moved in to a new home and upstairs is a bath with a tap mixer shower. However nobody knows how it works.

There is the tap then a pipe coming from the middle of the tap to a shower head on the wall. There is no button or switch of any kind and pulling it twisting doesn’t work.

It has almost come on a couple of times but again nobody knows how.

2 Plumbers looked at it and said they have never seen that type of tap and quoted for new ones.
I will attach the picture below.
Thank you for taking the time to look at this for me.

4BA77607-D08C-4C30-8DDE-5C46A75CF1A7.jpeg

2C11CAA3-A884-4D8D-8BAA-187B2AB6C341.jpeg

What movement of the lever causes water to come out the tap?
Is it to lift the lever similar ot Kitchen sink taps?
If so does it lift even higher after water is coming out of the tap to divert to the Shower head?

I'll assume twisting to the left and to the right is hotter or cooler.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Take a look at that...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
This situation should be that the valve core...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Any thoughts on a shower system to...
Replies
Views
Back