How easy is it to move a combi boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How easy is it to move a combi boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amarstone

Hello,
I've joined today specifically to see if anyone can give me some advice. We have just had a new combi-boiler fitted. The boiler is in the cellar which is located under the dining room which is at the front of the house. The previous boiler was very old, and the flue was at ground level and I never really noticed it. The new pipe-work comes out of the cellar and up the wall and looks like a large black periscope (our house is white, which doesn't help). The pipe is situated between the door and a sash window and looks pretty ugly and steam blows on our front doorstep, which isn't very welcoming. I'm wondering how easy it would be to move the boiler? If it was relocated to a position at the back of the house, would there much be much disruption to the floor-boards and walls? We have had wooden floorboards put down in our halls and lounge and it would be very difficult to get them up. Any advice would be much appreciated!

moving the boiler is a doddle, its getting the pipework reconnected thats a pain

Only someone actually stood in your house could tell you what you want to know, which really, is how much will it cost.

I would question why your installer didn't explain to you about the pluming from the boiler, and also another question where do the pressure relief and condese pipe go

It can be done.
Get some quotes.
They will need to see it.

What area are you in there maybe a member that could help you more

Moving it it fairly easy. But there are many factors in moving it again, you need to bare in mind where the flue now terminates. And do you then need a standard horizontal flue kit. This could start having many cost factors which might put you off. I'd get someone else who is GSR and go from there. It's not just a case of moving it and that's all. It could also affect the gas pressure if further away, many many factors.

its as easy as the work needed to move it, get some quotes and opinions from local gas safe engineers.

What make boiler is it ? and if its only the black plume pipe you dont like , why not get a white one fitted ?? and have it extend'd above the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Back