How fix new fill valve plastic part? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How fix new fill valve plastic part? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

P

Pickles654

Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's incredibly difficult to access underneath and replace the whole valve. I therefore just want to replace the plastic part that has the two hooks.

Annoyingly, this new part is a tiny fraction smaller and doesn't have a tiny bottom notch like the old part, which means that the new part doesn't 'click' in over the diaphragm and is a fraction loose.

It seems like I'm going to have to get a plumber in who's have to take apart some of my bathroom to get access to replace the whole valve. A fairly big job and will cost money I don't have.

Are there any fixes that I can do to make the new part work? I'm thinking superglue... or would people recommend not risking a diy job? I'm thinking the worst that would happen is it comes off and the lots of water goes down the overflow until I then replaced the valve (I can't access the toilet shut off and so am only able to repair when turning the mains isolation valve off).

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep spot on
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yep, more force! Only other thing is if there...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I wouldn't bother trying to service a valve...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your response. I can't see a grub...
Replies
Views
Back