How long can I leave in Sentinel X400 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How long can I leave in Sentinel X400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

ABB

Hello,

I’ve got a build up of sludge in my system so wanted to run a cleaner through. I have a magnaclean fitted so was hoping to add Sentinel X400 to the system and leave it in indefinitely - just cleaning the magnaclean weekly for a few weeks until it runs clean rather than draining/refilling system.

In theory is there any problem with leaving X400 in the system indefinitely? If so is there any other product that will do the job I want and can be left in the system permanently?

Appreciate any advice.

Hello,

I’ve got a build up of sludge in my system so wanted to run a cleaner through. I have a magnaclean fitted so was hoping to add Sentinel X400 to the system and leave it in indefinitely - just cleaning the magnaclean weekly for a few weeks until it runs clean rather than draining/refilling system.

In theory is there any problem with leaving X400 in the system indefinitely? If so is there any other product that will do the job I want and can be left in the system permanently?

Appreciate any advice.
Call or email Sentinel is your best bet.

830140D2-AF1A-4725-AABE-3D9176AF5379.png

Just read the instructions:

https://www.sentinelprotects.com/si...t-sheets/sentinel_pfs_x400_uk_v5_jan_2019.pdf

This says that you can leave X400 in the system indefinitely but it only keeps the sludge in suspension for 3-4 weeks, i.e. for full effectiveness you need to drain/flush and refill with clean water and inhibitor within that period.

The problem with your no-drain/magnaclean approach is that not all the components of sludge are magnetic so they'll stay in the system unless you drain.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sentinel X700 biocide is very expensive, I’m...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Should be fine after an hour of circulating...
Replies
Views
Back