How long for boiler to cool to check pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How long for boiler to cool to check pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys really quick question I’m assuming if I’ve not had my heating on for 24 hrs n the boiler pressure is sitting at 1.4 bar which is what it was topped up to after service 3 weeks ago that’s its pressure at cold as in its resting pressure, suppose what I’m saying is after 24 hrs of no heating on is that a accurate time to check what the resting pressure is at?

Hi Riley, was just wondering. Just got this paranoia of boiler pressure dropping lol it was serviced 3 weeks ago n topped up to 1.4 after hearings been on say a hour or 2 if I check it 12 hours later it’s at 1.4 last week after 36 hours it was roughly the same n then yesterday heating went off at 6am n wasn’t back on till 5:30am this morning but I checked just before it came on n still at 1.4 so I’m assuming all good, I take it say I was away a few days or a week would I expect it to settle a little lower should no heating hot water being used? In summer like

I generally tell my customers that they should have to top up the pressure a couple of times a year. Usually when the cold kicks in and then subsequently when the hot weather first starts. Some do some don’t but it is all down to expansion and contraction of the system.

Cool thanks again amigo much appreciate I actually did notice when nice weather at Easter it say slightly over the 1.4 but when got cooler again back down, im assuming by topping up you mean if it’s down below one or greater then again in winter then

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Back