How long has the regulation existed in regards to clips on fleu | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How long has the regulation existed in regards to clips on fleu in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I'm not an engineer I'm just looking for some advice i live in a new build since construction have had my boiler serviced every year since i bought the house todays service is the first time i have been notified that my fleu doesn't have any clips fitted to support it i'm just wandering how long the regulation has been around for the use of clips as the engineer sent to my property couldn't remember of the top of his head. i am also in the process of selling my house so need to know if being issued with this warning notice will have any effect on that process.

Thanks in advance

Clips are not difficult to add.
A warning notice would normally mean that boiler should not be used and is not a good sign when buying.
Just get a clip fitted.
Rule has been around for forever but its not unusual for one to be missing.

I'm not an engineer I'm just looking for some advice i live in a new build since construction have had my boiler serviced every year since i bought the house todays service is the first time i have been notified that my fleu doesn't have any clips fitted to support it i'm just wandering how long the regulation has been around for the use of clips as the engineer sent to my property couldn't remember of the top of his head. i am also in the process of selling my house so need to know if being issued with this warning notice will have any effect on that process.

Thanks in advance
I thought all was was covered under part J of the building regulations. You can download it for free. There is a checklist that is given to the LA when doing this work (appendix A on part J)

I would say 8-10 years

Similar plumbing topics

Many of the houses nearby (built about 30...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much for your help.
Replies
Views
Back