How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers

Vented or unvented?

Re: How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers

With heating on its a guess at best depends on what your heating requires

Could also depends on if piped up correctly and if the pipework/ heating coil on cylinder is sludged up.

If everything is piped up and working properly. Should take 25-35 mins

How long is it taking?

Boiler is a combi. Although useful to S plan and heat a cylinder, temperature of water to rads may not achieve fast recovery of cylinder.This boiler rating at 28Kw is for hot water. Output for heating is approx 24Kw max. Further diminished by heating mode, (start), supplying 75% gas for first 15 minutes bringing output down to 18Kw. This is still, in theory, capable of heating cylinder in 30 minutes but only with temperature of heating on max 80 degrees C and no heating going to radiators.

Thanks for all your replies given me plenty of information to work with. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Tank if forty years old so think it's out of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks, I have a probe thermometer so...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
How hot are they? Hot to touch? If they are...
Replies
Views
Back