How many bulbs in your house? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How many bulbs in your house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I have:

Kitchen - 14 (inc oven)
Living Room - 18
Hall and landing - 12
Porch - 1
Outside - 3 (Security lights and shed)
Bedroom #1 - 1
Bedroom #2 - 3
Bedroom #3 -3
Bathroom - 4

59 bulbs? What the?

Edit: Plus 2 lamps = 61

Last edited:
why you planting bulbs inside, even ray knows they belong in the garden!!!

but we do have one chandelier in our dining room, 10 x 100watt candle lamps, it runs on its own separate circuit and mcb!!!!!!!!!!, and she bought another from Laura Ashley, used to hand in the Oxford st store, some 12 plus lamps alone, only 3 screwed in that work :), bloody thing needed scaffold putting up to hang it in our stairwell!!! never buy victorian villas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but for the record kitchen 17, hall 5, porch 4, lounge 20, dining room 16, hall top 12, mezzamine 3, rear hall 6, bed 1 10, bed 2 8, bed 3 5, bed 4 3, bathrooms and loos 4, addl halls cupboards 3. 114 lamps, what you winging bout Keefy, oh garage plus 2!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing all my light bulbs to LED, Expensive outlay, but reliable and cheap to run. Can you get LED oven bulbs?

Can you get LED oven bulbs?
Don't use LED lamps anywhere there's heat, stick with filament or halogen in the oven. I have the same problem with the light inside my built-in barbecue, I'm not sure what alternative there will be if they outlaw filament lamps entirely.

I have 76 in my house plus 12 linear fluorescent lights in the garage and another 6 lights in an outside flat. They're all compact fluorescent in the house, 5 years ago when we did major refurbishments and replaced all the fittings LED's were too expensive and weren't as high in light output.

most of mine are le except the bleedin halogens in the kitchen soon to be leds but cost around £120 to convert, the pig is the dining room chandelier at a 1000watts, so I get peed off when the adult kids go in turn it on and walk out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can hear the meter whirring like a gyroscope!

10 and a lamp in the lounge
10 in the kitchen
3 in the hall
6 in the bathroom
3 in the spare bedroom
3 in the daughters bedroom
3 in the garage
three exterior wall lights
10 garden lights
and 12 in our bedroom (i like to see what im doing)
only 6 are led and three low wattage

Lounge= 2x100w over heads 4x40w standards 4x60w wall lights, total 600w. Fitted LED's got it down to about 50w total. That's significant saving. Ok the cost of the LED's is double but so is their life expectancy.

I have:

Kitchen - 14 (inc oven)
Living Room - 18
Hall and landing - 12
Porch - 1
Outside - 3 (Security lights and shed)
Bedroom #1 - 1
Bedroom #2 - 3
Bedroom #3 -3
Bathroom - 4

59 bulbs? What the?

Edit: Plus 2 lamps = 61
i dont know,dont care not my department i just get told when they need fixing

Front room 1 led
Hall 1led on pir
Living room 1 2d low energy tube
Dinning room 1 led
Kitchen 1 2d low e tube 2 incans in cooker hood 1 in oven
Rear hall 1 led
Bathroom 1 led
Landing 1 led on pir
Toilet 1 led
Bed 1 1led 2 bedside led
Bed 2 1 led
Bed 3 1 led
Whole lot comes to less than 180watt

Apparently Ray has 29 tonnes which means he must have thousands and he hates mr freeman

I cannot believe you have counted bulbs! Keefy I'm sending you a case of beer mate, I think you need it!

Apparently Ray has 29 tonnes which means he must have thousands and he hates mr freeman

In the house? Dunno - douple of dozen or so.

In the garden - don't ask. Less now The Squirrel has had his way. :(

Thats gotta be a good thing if the quiggels are eating them

He isn't eating them. He's just using the softer ground where I laboured to plant them to bury the s0dding hazelnuts (from WAITROSE can you believe it?) that Mrs S buys for him. And digs up the bulbs in the process.

I swear the bl00dy animals in our garden eat better than I do.

Only about 23 bulbs in my house, none are LEDs & only 5 are energy saving bulbs.
If I had any down lighters, I would def go with LEDs as they use maybe 3watt & are reliable & no heat. A lot of the ordinary down lighters are perhaps 50watt each which is massive consumption of electricity for simply lighting if you have several in one room.
The outside halogen lights (often 500watt) that with a sensor switch on if man or animal passes by, are mad.

I haven't counted the bulbs in mine and have no intentions of ever doing it.
Great how 6" of 2.5 changes your outlook :wink:

Btw i've just spent tonight putting up another 800 or so bulbs. Anything for peace :smile:

I'm not going to count..... lets just say Slough is on the approach to Heathrow airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
I just spoke to Potterton / BAXI support and...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
I would add it seems to be constantly on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thanks for all the comments so far...
Replies
Views
Back