how much to install new cold water storage tank? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss how much to install new cold water storage tank? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys,

How much would you charge to remove an old galvanised steel loft tank and install new one ? approx?

cheers

dave

well you do not say were you are,you would save it you do not need old tank removing from loft as if does not fit through trap door will require cutting up and turn one man job into a two man one

if you just want old disconnecting ,leaving in loft and new plastic fitting to meet all by laws ,would think £220 very minimum,I would budget nearer £300+

you have at 50 gal tank kit
fittings to old pipework
pipe+valves
misc

just check out material bill for that little list

£150 ????

nothing like making life hard for ourselves !!!

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be more inclined to £350 + this would include removal of old tank installing new tank with iso valves and fittings lagging of pipework and tweaking of pipework if need be and as others have stated taking into account of the byelaw 30.

I have done a few of these and a lot depends on the job. On one I had to get the joiner to make a bigger hatch in order to get a new tank up there!

More often than not modifying the old pipework can be a right pain. Sometimes the old metal tank will be sat on scaffold poles so you need to make a proper wooden frame and board on top to support it whic can take a couple of hours by itself. If it has been plumbed into screwed iron pipework, it can take hours to reconnect a new one............

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
They generally have the same size thread. 3/4"...
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
Back