how much work is out there? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss how much work is out there? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

F

franz

The title is really the question,met a mate on friday he has no real work and neither has his son.

we are in the southwest.:speechless:

It's Saturday today and the sun's out and life looks lovely out there. Just hope the phone doesn't ring.

It is quiet but plumbers are much quieter in the summer. There is, though, plenty of work around. Someone I work with has been doing 6/7 days for every week this year and still has a good 2 months of work line up.

im in west yorkshire and am fully booked for next three week , just passed 2 jobs to a mate who works at the council , i could do with a hand on some steel 2-4 inch in about 4 week if any one is iontrested in a hotel,huddersfield got to be done on a sunday

Had to turn work away, they couldn't wait and I couldn't fit it in. I have a few spare half days between now and end of September, but the phones ringing now for oil services before we get to the back end, one of the guys in the area retired at the start of the year. I was in doing a shower pump change, toilet repair and change a set of basin taps this morning and have to go back after me hols for a service.

Full diary until end of Aug then the b servicing and breakdowns and replacements will start.
We could fit more in though.
And the phone is busy - Mr TP has been doing loads although some are for jobs he doesn't want to do.... only yesterday he was telling me he went to a house and couldn't believed people live like this...

Then there was the boiler replacement at another addess :"I could do it myself but i'm not registered. I do all my own plumbing. i just want a replacement boiler. Niot TRVs. No I don't want my gas pipework upgraded. Doesn't matter its too small I don't ever use my gas fire....".
You know, i made the appointment with at man on the phone and I could tell he was going to be weird!

you can still fit boiler to old gas supply ,gas rate it and it might be ok if not then charge 1-day day rate+materials !
have done it before customers were happy that we try ......look after your customer he easy will get some one else in !

this week i went to take a rad of for the plasterer and it seems to have turned into a new bathroom and kitchen labour only but still not bad. oh and clean heating system through and fit a couple of new radiators.

this week i went to take a rad of for the plasterer and it seems to have turned into a new bathroom and kitchen labour only but still not bad. oh and clean heating system through and fit a couple of new radiators.

Nice when them little ones turn into something bigger. :)

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
No mention of college or day release, sounds...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, nothing at all?? I found a moderator and...
Replies
Views
It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
Back