How much would i charge for a bathroom and a toilet? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How much would i charge for a bathroom and a toilet? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hannah1991

Hey,

I'm a relatively new plumber and wondered how much to charge for fitting an upstairs bath, toilet and sink and a downstairs sink and toilet. I've been to see the customers and they are completely happy with me being quite a new plumber so that isn't a problem.

However (and they are aware of this) I'm not to sure how long it will take me so i can't try and work it out by an hourly rate. Didn't know if anybody could give me any guidance?

I hope i've posted in the right bit!

Thanks,

Hannah.

500-700 plus materials depending on what i had to do regards to old suite, pipework etc. hard to say really ive been to bathrooms where the tiles have took me all day to remove!

it would take me 2 days ish if all went well.

that price would include removal of old suite.
straight swap like for like.
may take you longer....
have you got public liability incase anything goes wrong?
the customer maybe unhappy paying you that much knowing you have got much experience.

i fitted a upstairs steam cabin with television, basin, major refurbinshment, knocking walls down and building stud walls, relocating soil stack and downstairs basin and wc for 600 when i was serving my time!

belive me i learnt from that one - would of cost them 2 grand plus now labour only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ...Ive just replaced a bathroom suite,re-tiled 8.5 sqm of wall,3 sqm floor tiles,fit shower & screen.Had to relocate wastes and pipe work.I charged £820 including materials.Took me 5.5 days.

Maybe undersold myself,but was happy doing it for that.
And the bones was getting paid straight away ...:)

oh i leave the tiling to tiler - i dont do it quick enough to warrent me staying on the job to do it - earn more on another job.

820 is cheap considering you had to pay for materials out of that...

advert in local paper - supply and fit bathroom for £295. There are adverts for outsdie taps from £30 supply and fit. There are around 25 local plumbers advertising in the local paper and thats just a small town up north. havnt even looked in the manchester evening news or liverpool echo!

oh i leave the tiling to tiler - i dont do it quick enough to warrent me staying on the job to do it - earn more on another job.

820 is cheap considering you had to pay for materials out of that...

Think i spent around £70 on materials.To be honest i thought it wasnt enough,espes as there was a bit of tiling to,but reckon mine was the middle quote of 3,and i was glad of the wedge.Hopefully will get more from it to,the blokes mum wants some work doing now,:).
To be honest ,the quoting side of things is the hardest part i find.Its when the customer tells you theyve had some quotes,and your hoping yours will be in the same bracket.

advert in local paper - supply and fit bathroom for £295. There are adverts for outsdie taps from £30 supply and fit. There are around 25 local plumbers advertising in the local paper and thats just a small town up north. havnt even looked in the manchester evening news or liverpool echo!
ey by gum, bet thee loooked leak north'n palaces we tem bath suites in em.
£30 for outside kit? f.h. i charge £55-75 fixed with the proper reg kit take it or leave it with me on that.

i dont mind working for £750 a week cash in hand and no outlay, and get a lot of b'room re-fits at that rate.
prices are easy to quote at toilet, basins at £80 each. baths £200 + parts. tiling £25 per meter. i dont usually have spring sale on so they can take it or leave it. if you are new to the game tell them it may take you a day longer than the 2 days it should take but you will do a perfect job for them for '£' x 2 days.,

its grim up ere mate. some fo us only make 3-400 quid a week. and its nearly 100k for a 5 bed detached house! i dont know how we get by

its grim up ere mate. some fo us only make 3-400 quid a week. and its nearly 100k for a 5 bed detached house! i dont know how we get by
sounds like wigun or bolton to me fuzz?.

how du guess?

we like to tell anyone from dawn sarth that its grim up ere. that way they stay down there!!!lol

how du guess?

we like to tell anyone from dawn sarth that its grim up ere. that way they stay down there!!!lol

Scares me everytime I go north of the Watford gap! my mouth goes dry I get goose bumps and start to sweat. If I have to stop near a big town I start taking anti histimine tablets because of the dust.......:p

outside taps from £30 supply and fit.

So that's £4 for the tap, £6 for the double check valve, £3.50 for the stopcock, £3.50 for the backplate elbow and about £2 worth of copper coming to £19.00, so £11.00 for at least an hours work. No wonder we can't compete.

So that's £4 for the tap, £6 for the double check valve, £3.50 for the stopcock, £3.50 for the backplate elbow and about £2 worth of copper coming to £19.00, so £11.00 for at least an hours work. No wonder we can't compete.

true mate, the trade is struggling. people will have to work75 hours a wek to make a decent wage

I just noticed a local one man band offering a power flush and free boiler service for £220.00
What a joke

it will get worse before it gets better!

with these rates us northners will struggle to feed our whippets

Just fitted my first bathroom for £300 with suite and fittings on top. I thought I'd start off cheap because its my first job. Took me 3 days and all went well till the customer helpfully went to the tip with all the old waste plus the bag of new stuff with over £100 of fittings in it after Id left one evening! Next time I'll double the price and get rid of the old stuff myself.....and never leave the bucket of water I bailed out of the toilet behind me again either!

Just fitted my first bathroom for £300 with suite and fittings on top. I thought I'd start off cheap because its my first job. Took me 3 days and all went well till the customer helpfully went to the tip with all the old waste plus the bag of new stuff with over £100 of fittings in it after Id left one evening! Next time I'll double the price and get rid of the old stuff myself.....and never leave the bucket of water I bailed out of the toilet behind me again either!

not bad 100 quid a day - how long have you been plumbing?

read one advert today in my local free rag,
bathroom suites supplied and fitted for £295 inc......

makes ya sick doesnt it lol.

they'll add on what they need to though - i know quite a few people who advertise cheap then add on a few hundred as pipes dont exaclty meet up waste pipes need to be renewed etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
thank you very much - i will see if i can find...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Back