how not to repair a oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss how not to repair a oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

[video=youtube;H4PfE04pF_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4PfE04pF_Q[/video]

I thought that was the oftec practical training blokes?

Got to hand it to them though, they did diagnose the bearings are noisy.

Wouldn't be the first boiler I have taken the burner out & carefully attempted to fire it to check ignition ect.
But I only do it if there is no petrol or anything that could go up in flames nearby. Not oftec or health & safety I know, but I am careful & I don't act the idiot & put it on youtube!

There was a youtube vid some time ago where someone was using an oil burner to flame grill some burgers.

Wouldn't be the first boiler I have taken the burner out & carefully attempted to fire it to check ignition ect.
I do too, sometimes its the only way to SEE what is happening if you cant hear it. Normal caveats apply.... :)

There was a youtube vid some time ago where someone was using an oil burner to flame grill some burgers.
Euugh - imagine the taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
As above, highly unlikely to be boiler if it...
Replies
Views
Z
Need more details. What boiler, what burner...
Replies
Views
Back