How to break a back boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to break a back boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So, my dear ol' ma lives in a local authority bungalow with a bag-o'-sh1te back boiler, make unknown. She loathes & despises the thing with a passion and yearns for a shiny new A rated boiler.
She keeps asking me if I can break it beyond repair without making it look obvious or endangering anyone.
I keep trying t explain that I only really only fix them & that they're really quite simple things & there isn't much that can go wrong on them. I realise what I'm contemplating may well be illegal but hey, it's me dear old mother.........
Any ideas?

Are they not updating all the systems then ?. Do they not need to keep them to a minimum standard

Theres not much fans of bbu. We like them cause they are hardy boogers and tick along nicely but custards hate them more so for the ugly frontals more than the boiler themselves. Come time all local authorities will have there houses upgraded to A rated boilers its just a question of when. Good luck with it. If i was u id do all relevant checks to see if there are any problems with boiler or fire without any malice. U mind get lucky (or unlucky u know wot i mean)

break the pilot assembly, damage the gas valve and tell them your mum keeps smelling fumes in the house. SORTED

Something non flammable and corrosive in the f&e tank.

Drain down, remove thermostat phial in boiler and run system . Cook at maximum heat until heat exchanger is fooked. Serve immediately. As I've seen done by a council house tenant who felt entitled to a new boiler as 'err mates gas bill is much cheaper than my crappy boiler'. Bless her.

Drain down, remove thermostat phial in boiler and run system . Cook at maximum heat until heat exchanger is fooked. Serve immediately. As I've seen done by a council house tenant who felt entitled to a new boiler as 'err mates gas bill is much cheaper than my crappy boiler'. Bless her.

That would be a scary room to be in!

Easy, get 3 blocks from storage heater place on top of hex. ( the finned bit above burner) close up boiler . Open windows, set demand and let it cook. Stay out of house as it will melt hood and spill like a mo fo. Get carbon monoxide detector and then call transco as co alarm going off ( obviously after removing bricks) this is very dangerous and could kill some one! But a new boiler 100 %

Be a good son and buy your mother the new bolier contact your council and tell um ya fitting it free of charge

She's brought you up look after the old dear :)

no one is going to inspect it drain it down throw some water underneath the burner just say it was leaking so my son drained it engineers will be as glad to see the back of it as your mum

if its a Bermuda remove the rear insulation panel it wont happen quickly but it will split the back of the combustion box instantly writing it off dont forget to re-fit the insulation once its fubard

Knock the bricks out around pipework, pull out debris plate. disconnect flue liner then threaten to riddor them......Then give the last bloke who serviced it a job..

I would probably simulate some kind of chimney collapse. Put a load of debris in the top and damage the flue liner. Put some soot up the wall above and ring them and tell them the boiler smells funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
Think the appropriate phrase for this should...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
(I would have thought an alternative to...
Replies
Views
Back