How to change a washer in the shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to change a washer in the shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 117499

Hi all,

I need to change a washer on a leaking tap in my shower, but I can't figure out how to get the tap out to change it.

I can unscrew the base of the tap from the wall and get it out from the wall a little way and I can see where I would need to get a spanner/wrench onto the brass piece underneath to turn it, but I don't have a tool that can reach into the small gap and I can't see a way to actually take the tap head off as there is no screw or allen key piece in it.

Can anyone help me as to how I should go about this?

I've also attached some photos so you can see what I mean.

Thanks,

Maitreya

washer1.jpgwasher3.jpgwasher2.jpg

A lot of times the cross handle will just pull off, it can take a lot of force unfortunately.
Bad design, but it looks nicer than a grub screw apparently.

Upvote 0
If that is a quarter turn tap, rather than a screw down one, then there will be no washer inside, but a cartridge. You would need to find an exact match for the cartridge, for which it would be much better to know the make and model of the tap. Be prepared for a shock at the price.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Recycle it and have a nice new one instead:)
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not worth finding parts Bristan zing cheap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Final update - shower panel refitted and...
Replies
Views
Back