How to change a water filter cartridge | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to change a water filter cartridge in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I was wondering if anyone can give me simple instructions of how to change an Acquifier water filter cartridge?
I believe I have to turn the water off first, under the sink, and need to locate a quarter turn valve.
I was wondering if anyone can help me locate this valve or a point under the sink where I switch off water so I can replace the cartridge.
I assume I also need to switch off the mains water point.
H under sink water cartridge.jpg ere is an image of under the sink - the think blue piping leads to the cartridge that needs to be replaced.

Thank you!

under sink water cartridge.jpg

You can try turning the washing machine valve off that feeds the filter sometimes they work sometimes they stick if not as Ben says mains off etc

or open your filter tap and turn the valve off if it stops your good to go as harv says have a towel ready for any drips etc

Many thanks all. This is really helpful. I shall try the suggestions and certainly turn off at mains. I can't see anything understeer sink that I would need to switch off. I assumed I would need to turn off a valve here but don't know what I'm looking for....I hope that turning off at mains would suffice and then do a quick filter replacement. ..

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
🤷🏻‍♂️
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
  • Question
If there are no grubs screws it will just pull...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, there is no grub screw. I have attached...
Replies
Views
Back