How to check boiler is registered and how to complain the plumber | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to check boiler is registered and how to complain the plumber in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loneylong

Hi there,

I got my new Vaillant ecotech plus 837 fitted by local gas safe plumber few months ago, and the service including registration for warranty. I havent received anything back from Vaillant whatsoever. Now my boiler is having F28 and F54 error at the same time, I have to manually restart the boiler every single morning and no heating in the mid of the night.

I try to call the plumber, phone is working but never answered the phone, left message no reply, I contacted him at least twice a day for the past 4 days and still no answer. I could invite another plumber or even call Vaillant to fix the problem because is still in warranty, however the boiler was fitted not long ago I think it should be the responsibility to who installed it. Besides, I start to worry if the plumber registered my boiler or not with Vaillant as I have received anything from Vaillant regarding registration, does anyone know how to find out if my boiler has been properly registered for warranty purpose?

Desperate, hope to get some advice soon, many thanks

Edward

Give Vaillant a call and they will confirm for you 0844 7360049 there should be a data badge underneath the boiler with a load of info on, Vaillant will want the serial number. If it's under warranty explain situation to them as they may still come out. I know what those codes are so it could be a boiler fault it could be elsewhere. If elsewhere I'm not sure what their process would be as it could potentially be something your installer should have done. I know they will usually recommend getting the fitter back in the first instance however this looks unlikely to happen, just one question, did the installer fill out the benchmark section of the installer manual??? In addition you may wish to check and see if the boiler has been registered with gas age/local building control

Last edited:
Have you received a certificate from User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it?
Also check the fitters gassafe number with gassafe, providing he has filled out the benchmark section in the manual

Last edited:
I did check the gas safe website and the fitter's name cannot be found. Also I went back to the original contract back to Aug 2014 when he fitted the new boiler on, found out his trade was dissolved in September 2014. I get my boiler serial number to Vaillant and was told the boiler was never registered. And the plumber never answers my phone call now, I am very crossed and desperate, can anyone offer me some advice to get this plumber to pick up his responsibility.

Cheers

Ed

I did check the gas safe website and the fitter's name cannot be found. Also I went back to the original contract back to Aug 2014 when he fitted the new boiler on, found out his trade was dissolved in September 2014. I get my boiler serial number to Vaillant and was told the boiler was never registered. And the plumber never answers my phone call now, I am very crossed and desperate, can anyone offer me some advice to get this plumber to pick up his responsibility.

Cheers

Ed

You say his "trade" was dissolved in September 14. Can you clarify what you mean by that?

If you mean that you were actually dealing with a limited company (even if he was the owner and the sole employee) and that company has now been dissolved, then you have very little chance of getting satisfaction.

In afraid it's not looking good for you. Have you spoken to gas safe yet? They will be able to confirm whether the fitter is/was registered and if not open an investigation.

It probably won't help you in the short term, but if gas safe get anywhere with their investigation the original fitter may be asked by then to put right or pay someone to put right his mistakes if any are down to him (working within his legal competencies of course).

As for the warranty I'm not sure exactly where you stand but I don't think it's good news I'm afraid. I think it'd be a case of hoping for some good will from Vaillant.

Establish if the fitter or his company were gas safe at the time the boiler was fitted. If not, hiding behind a dissolved limited company will not shield him from the consequences.
As you cannot confirm his current gas safe status he should not be coming back to remedy any faults. Even if he was willing to do so. The time to check gas safe details is before start of work.

Only thing you can do is either call out a local GS engineer or Vaillant, your just wasting your time trying to contact the guy that installed it.

You say his "trade" was dissolved in September 14. Can you clarify what you mean by that?

If you mean that you were actually dealing with a limited company (even if he was the owner and the sole employee) and that company has now been dissolved, then you have very little chance of getting satisfaction.

Hi there,

Many thanks for the advice. On the contract the company name is Stephen Maude plumbing and heating, on the company house it was dissolved in Sept 2014 and he fitted my the boiler and central heating in Aug.2014. He was referred by friend obviously I am quite unlucky and was not informed that his company is going to be dissolved soon when I invited him to do the job.

Now he's no long qualified to do anything with my boiler and he didnt register it either back to Aug 2014 when he was still qualified ( presumably) to do so. I only have option to contact another proper plumber to fix the problem and I reckon the new plumber wont register the boiler for me, thus I need to buy boiler insurance which will cost me around £500 for the the coming 3.5 years which I supposed to be covered by Valiant's warranty.

Do you have any advice that I can make the plumber who fitted the boiler to pay for all these loss. Ironically, he did service my boiler last November and charged me 60 quid.

Thank you.

Ed

Hi Rckape,

Thanks for the advice, I did search that plumber's name on gas safe and it doesnt turn up with nothing. Do you mean I can phone Gas Safe and report this, give Gas Safe the name of the fitter and they can check whether back to Aug 2014 when he fitted the boiler, he was qualified gas safe engineer or not? What if he was not and I was cheated? What shall I do to make him pay for all my loss.

Cheers

Ed

It's through friend's recommendation and I was desperate to get someone to redo the central heating when I bought the house in 2014, but I wont go ahead if I knew I was lied that he is not gas safe engineer.

Hi there,

Many thanks for the advice. On the contract the company name is Stephen Maude plumbing and heating, on the company house it was dissolved in Sept 2014 and he fitted my the boiler and central heating in Aug.2014. He was referred by friend obviously I am quite unlucky and was not informed that his company is going to be dissolved soon when I invited him to do the job.

Now he's no long qualified to do anything with my boiler and he didnt register it either back to Aug 2014 when he was still qualified ( presumably) to do so. I only have option to contact another proper plumber to fix the problem and I reckon the new plumber wont register the boiler for me, thus I need to buy boiler insurance which will cost me around £500 for the the coming 3.5 years which I supposed to be covered by Valiant's warranty.

Do you have any advice that I can make the plumber who fitted the boiler to pay for all these loss. Ironically, he did service my boiler last November and charged me 60 quid.

Thank you.

Ed

So he's disolved his company and still trading?
And he's servicing gas boilers and not registered! Both illegal.

He was referred by friend obviously I am quite unlucky and was not informed that his company is going to be dissolved soon when I invited him to do the job.

If I were you first of all, organising the full name of him, especially when he was recommended from a friend of yours he should know his name.

Secondly, call the citizen vice beraeu and explain your case they will suggest you what to do first and where to go or who to call.

Moreover, if you know the name of the engineer go to claim court open a case against him take all your proofs with you and open a case.

Yes, please raise this with Gas Safe, they may decide to prosecute him and stop him from killing someone. You need a Gas Safe inspection on your boiler if it has been installed and maintained by an unqualified engineer it may be in a dangerous state

As above, citizens advice or possibly trading standards are your best starting point for money issues.

For gas safety, please give gas safe a call. They will be best placed to advise on that. They should send an engineer round to inspect the work and advise on safety issues.

If you're at all concerned though, give a local gas safe engineer a call (they will have an ID card to prove it, ask them to show it) and ask for a gas safety inspection. You will have to pay for this though.

Thank you guys, I am afraid I will have to go down the City Advice Bureau route. However I am trying to find a local GS engineer do the inspection and fix the problem first, keep all the receipts. Also I am contracting Vaillant to see how they can consider me into the warranty, shall I get another engineer to inspect and register for me or I lost my warranty for good and I will have to purchase insurance for the boiler.

Pain in the back...

I the guy is not gas safe then your boiler is not commissioned. On this basis I would take it up with gas safe in the first instance. After gas safe have done their bit then I would look at getting the boiler commissioned by a gas safe engineer based on gas safes findings. Following that I would get onto Vaillant explaining the situation. What warranty were you promised out of interest as Vaillant advance members can offer extended warranties.

why bother purchasing insurance if you find a decent technician to get it sorted in the first place, just put some money aside each month, if you dont need it, it will pay for a new boiler down the line.

Hi, I hope in not too late.. You must call Vaillant, even an unregistered boiler comes with a 2 year warranty which they will establish either by the serial number or some paper work you have like an invoice.

Hi, I hope in not too late.. You must call Vaillant, even an unregistered boiler comes with a 2 year warranty which they will establish either by the serial number or some paper work you have like an invoice.
but if it ain't commissioned then they won't touch it

They won't mate because the boiler shouldn't even be on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Thanks for the info. Flow rates are something...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back