How to clear hot water air lock? | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to clear hot water air lock? in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all started flowing nicely and I had water flowing from the vent pipe into the hot water tank in the loft. Once I disconnected the cold mains feed though, the hot taps all dried up again. What should I try next please? For background, I have a pressurised central heating system and a Telford Copper Cylinders hot water cylinder on the same floor as the upstairs taps.

Its possibly a air lock in the cold supply from the CWST to the cylinder, ensure that the isolating valve from the CWST to the HW cylinder is open then do the same as you did above but hold your finger/hand over the vent, this might force reverse flow through the cold feed back to the CWST and clear it?.

Its possibly a air lock in the cold supply from the CWST to the cylinder, ensure that the isolating valve from the CWST to the HW cylinder is open then do the same as you did above but hold your finger/hand over the vent, this might force reverse flow through the cold feed back to the CWST and clear it?.
You’re a genius, thank you! Held my thumb over the vent pipe while it was running into the CWST for 30 seconds and it’s cleared the air lock. All hot taps working properly now. Now I know I can clear an air lock I can be confident in working on the pipes once more. Can’t thank you enough John.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks very much for all the advice John, it's...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
  • Question
It could be best to get him back to have a look
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is the pump new? Where is it located? It...
Replies
Views
Back