How to connect 4 burner hob to gas supply | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to connect 4 burner hob to gas supply in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right forum so if not please delete-

So I’ve just purchased a gas hob and wondering if I can just use a gas hose to connect it up or does it need to be done by copper pipe work? Any help would be great!

Pay best part of a grand become gas Safe registered and you shall know.

It needs to be done by a Gassafe registered person.
I’d always get a gas man to do it all but just wondering how they’d do it and also a rough price. I connected my cooker and it was just a simple bayonet hose. Heard gas hobs have to be connected by pipe work ??

Check all clearances are met
Fit hob and Hard pipe
Test meter and gas pipework for leaks
Gas rate
Check safety devices
Check it's burning correctly
Check other gas appliances
You are now responsible as the last person to work on gas at the property

Not bad for under £100

Last edited:
Yes without quoting the obvious its more the safety aspect , secondhand appliances do not fill us with confidence either .

Well it was still in the box and the receipt says it’s 2 months old. So £50 for the hob and probably over £100 for installation!!!

Well it was still in the box and the receipt says it’s 2 months old. So £50 for the hob and probably over £100 for installation!!!

Still cheap that mate . Scotts post above says it all , hes dead right .

I wouldn’t. I connected my old cooker because it was such a simple job but sounds like the hob will be more difficult.

You shouldn't of

Thread closed get a gsr engy to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Experience tells me 10mm won't be enough but...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Only advise I can suggest is to contact the...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Back