How to convert a 15mm tap tail to a 3/8" fitting | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to convert a 15mm tap tail to a 3/8" fitting in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

A

Adam Mada

Hi,
I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q - https://www.diy.com/departments/goodhome-lazu-1-lever-mini-contemporary-basin-mono-mixer-tap/5059340214207_BQ.prd

The problem is that the cold water tap needs to be fitted into a pipe that is apparently 3/8" wide, whereas the tap tail it comes with is expecting a 15mm pipe, according to a plumber that came to see the issue but didn't have the necessary part.

I can find plenty of converters that convert a 3/8" tap into a 15mm pipe (seems to be how you fit European taps to UK pipes?). But I think I need the opposite, to fit a 15mm tap into a 3/8" pipe (actually the output of an isolation valve).

I can't find one anywhere I've looked, and the staff at the couple of shops I've asked don't know where to get one either. Does anyone have any ideas?

I thought about getting new tap tails that end in a 3/8 fitting. But the tap is a mini one and the end of the tail that needs to go into the tap seems to be non-standard - smaller than a M12 fitting anyway, perhaps it's M8 if I was to guess ? But I can't find one of those either :)

(Weirdly the hot water input goes into a standard 15mm pipe so that one is fine - but the cold water pipe is smaller - the hot feed was added later as I understand it)

Thanks for any help!

If I've understood correctly, this sort of thing should screw onto the 3/8" isolation valve, and provide a 1/2" bsp thread for the tap?
The 3/8" female threaded section might be too deep for the washer to seal, but ptfe tape could fix that!!
IMG_0167.jpeg
search for:

1/2" BSP Male x 3/8" BSP Female Brass Adapter With Washer​

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Looking at the document, they are actually...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would just ask them. Yes a bridge mixer is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Forget the tap tail adaptors in this case...
Replies
Views
Back