How to cut off water supply to bath tub | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to cut off water supply to bath tub in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

C

Cristina

Hi. I am moving home and I need to remove the bath tub a few weeks before the move, without replacing it. There is a wet room drain under the tub, and I am going to leave it as it is. How can I turn off the water supply for the bat tub only?

Under the sink there are two screws in the connectors, but they do not seem to work for either sink or bath tub. I think even if they did work they would not cut off water to the tub as the pipes are not directly connected.
I attach some images of the kind of connections in place. , I hope they are clear enough.
Any advice appreciated!
Cristina

Attachments

• sink-connection-2.jpg
    sink-connection-2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 39
  • under bath tub.jpg
    under bath tub.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 35
  • connection.jpg
    connection.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 32
why would you take the bath??
anyway the water supply needs to be turned of and the pipes to the bath capped off.
if the bath is not to be replaced really you should take it back to the point that tees of to the bath and isolate there to avoid dead legs

Upvote 0
I am taking the bath tub because that's what the landlord wants. We agreed I could install a bath tub at my expenses providing I would take it away when leaving.
Cristina

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
It all depends, you might be able to swap the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
  • Question
1. Picture of what you have would help. 2...
Replies
Views
Back