how to deal with the tiled wall? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss how to deal with the tiled wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
I am going to install an extract fan in a bathroom. it is on first floor. it should be a quick job but the outside wall is tiled wall, the tiles are about 100mmx100mm, how to make it nice? what kind of kit shall i buy?

cheers

Or you can draw a circle slightly bigger than the extractor vent and stich drill it then knock out the centre with a hammer and chisel, thats how we used to do it

lump_hammer-large.jpg

:cool:

or drill a small pilot hole 10mm then drill out until you hit the cavity and then from out in until you hit the cavity. then all`s good

what i mainly concern is the outside look of the flue, how to make it nice? can i just use this kit without anything else?

cheers
11784_P

Last edited:
Yes you can use that vent with the white flexible plastic duct to connect the fan to the outside.

You can hire a core bit from a local tool hire place. Get the size bigger then the duct or you'll struggle to.get it through. If you have an sds drill you could use that to drill the hole, you should really use a proper core drill but I've used my trusty sds to drill many core holes and its been fine.

Go gently and let the.core do the work. Don't push it too much.

If the first floor is the top floor you can keep the wiring out of sight by feeding the cable up through the cavity and into the loft and connect to power supply up there. It's tricky to do but can be done.

Hope that helps.

As I said before stich drill it I am sure you have a masonry bit with yer drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Shower tray not flush to wall Hello All, I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I got one from a local shop for £120. Go to a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you for the detailed reply. Yes it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have recently done a similar job with drop...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Back