How to drain an EcoTec 28 combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to drain an EcoTec 28 combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Claire

I have a Valliant ecoTec Pro 28 combi boiler. Please could someone let me know how I drain the system to fit a new thermostat to one of the radiators.

I have looked on the boiler and cannot see a drain valve. The instruction manual says that it should be located 'on the lowest point of the system.' Could someone help?

Thanks.

has the boiler got isolators on the feed and return to the CH circuit?

If so flick them and it will create a vacuum

Then crack the nut on the rad and a few drips might pop out but thats in and away you go

if not you will need to drain via maybe one of the low drain cocks often next to a rad valve

Are you sure it needs draining? Might just need a new TRV head? Or, if the valve itself, sometimes a knock is all that's needed to free.

Edit: Although I know this doesn't answer the question. Apologies if the OP has already thought this through....

Last edited by a moderator:
Claire, do not do as Tom says unless you are confident and understand what he means and know what to do quickly if it goes wrong.
I think your best bet is to drain it down , if there is no drain then get one fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
As above connect the braided hose to the two...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Back