How to drain only hot and cold feed to a bathroom which is on a drop from an Unvented cylinder. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to drain only hot and cold feed to a bathroom which is on a drop from an Unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

The system has an unvented hot water cylinder which heats the water upstairs (via an immersion heater) and I need to drain down the pipes so I can move the two pipes feeding the sink in the bathroom. There are two showers (on a separate drop) one bathroom (on it's own drop) and one sink elsewhere (on it's own drop).

Am I right in thinking I can turn off the cold water supply into the property, turn off the cylinder and just open the taps? I've done some research and it sounds straight forward but I have read about cylinders imploding so I'm a bit worried about blowing it up as I'm doing it for someone as a favour.

No you only need to worry about negative pressure (sucking back) if there is no tap above the cylinder.
It’s like holding your finger over the end of a straw then drawing it up out of your Coca Cola. Take your thumb off (open the taps) and the vacuum is released.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Photos of the cylinder which is located in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
Back