How to drain two washers | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to drain two washers in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, New here. I have plumbed before but never ran into this situation. I would like to add a second washing machine in our laundry room. Currently, the washing machine drains into a 2" standpipe, which then leads to a 2" drain line and finally to a 2" sewer stack (a secondary stack, not the main one). Can I simply add a second stand pipe and p trap to this 2" drain line (with proper venting of course), or would that over flow the system if both washers were to drain simultaneously? My other option (but not preferred if option 1 works), would be to add a second 2" drain line that the second washer connects to that will then lead to the 2" stack. Would that option work if option 1 does not? The 2" stack currently has a bathroom sink, kitchen sink, and the one washing machine hooked up to it.

Any advice or help would be great!

I have two washing machines with 18 ins stand pipes discharging into a total length of 7 feet of 1&1/4" ID pipe, I measured the flow rate years ago at 15 LPM/machine, and I reckon that this only needs a head of approx 1 inch in the stand pipes with the two machines discharging together. Assuming that you can allow a head of 12 ins of water in the stand pipes then 30 feet of 2 ins pipe should drain at a rate of ~ 120 LPM so that leaves you with ~ 90 LPM to play around with even with your two machines discharging together.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’d know if that had no trap as the smells...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately what was used to reduce the hole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Back