How to fit Pressalit Magnum Toilet Seat Hinge Clamp Bushes A7222 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to fit Pressalit Magnum Toilet Seat Hinge Clamp Bushes A7222 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I need to replace the Pressalit Magnum Toilet Seat Hinge Clamp Bushes A7222 on our toilet seat. I have successfully removed the first of the old bushes but cannot manage to insert the new one. I have tried lubricating it with washing up liquid but with no success. I would appreciate it if anyone has experience on how this is best achieved.
Mike

A7222 bushes.jpg

Looking at the tapered end being somewhat larger than the main body I would say with a small mallet.

Thanks for the thought. I tried tapping it in but being plastic it starts to deform the body section rather than slip into place.

Maybe watch the mounting video (I haven`t).

Last edited:
Thanks. 23 videos but not one showing how to fit A7222 bushes. Searching the internet it would appear that these bushes are fitted to a number of different Pressalit seats but nowhere does there appear to be instructions for fitting them. I have tried warming the bush to soften the plastic but that didn't work.

I had another look at one of the Pressalit videos which was not the same hinges but similar to what I have. I decided to completely take the hinges apart and reassemble them as if it was a new seat. I am pleased to say that worked.
Thanks rpm and Chuck for your responses.
Mike

Reactions: rpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
These in the link? Caps are available...
Replies
Views
You will see to holes at the back one each...
Replies
Views
Welp right after posting this I got the seat...
Replies
Views
They don't look that corroded tbf, lubricant...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I’ve tried gently prising up the one...
Replies
Views
Back