How to fix a dripping mixer tap? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to fix a dripping mixer tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crof_s

I watched some videos on youtube and they wear talking about taps that were actually leaking from around the side and needed to replace the valve and stuff. Mine is just dripping from the actual tap itself. Do I still need to replace the valve?

If I do, how do I make sure I buy the right valve?

If the valve doesn't need replaced, how do I stop it dripping?

I have included a picture of my tap just so you could hopefully talk me through what to do.

I really appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

20170614_193302.jpg

Honestly it's easier and quicker in the long run to change the whole tap

Screwfix should have something similar

As above would not bother with the cartridge as even if you can get it. It will cost more than a new tap anyway.

I mean I can only agree to the lads above.
The thing is, it's not expensive to get the cartridge but the problem starts to find the right one. There are hundreds of cartridges and especially for you it will be a little tricky to get tippe right one.

Just change to a nice kitchen mixer tap single handle perhaps with some warranty 1-2 years. Depends what model you are going for.

That's excellent thank you very much for all your help everyone. Will be looking for one hit the hot and cold sides this time rather than that sliding thing haha.

Stay clear of this style that had a movable spout that forms part of the body; the "banjo" style part will always leak, sometimes with the 1st 12 months!

Stay clear of this style that had a movable spout that forms part of the body; the "banjo" style part will always leak, sometimes with the 1st 12 months!

You are close! Around 18 months I would say it has lasted.

Don't get me wrong, the tap is fully functional. It is just a tiny drip (maybe 1 drip every 10 minutes) but, of course, these things only get worse.

Just to let you know, this style of tap is made and shipped into the UK for as little as £6... I know its only a price but it gives an accurate indication of 'quality'... AVOID!

Oh one last thing. Wen you buy your new one with teh sep hot and cold, make sure the replacement cartridges have their thread under the mounting shoulder. Many current Franke ones don't so it's new tap time WHEN they leak... They have no spares currently either. Hmmm :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Will do! Appreciate the help Thanks 👍
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, there is no grub screw. I have attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would just ask them. Yes a bridge mixer is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Marley Equator Demount tool in 15mm seem to be...
Replies
Views
Back