How to fix a squeaky acrylic shower base in a condo? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to fix a squeaky acrylic shower base in a condo? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello everyone,

I moved into a condo unit and it came with this nice glass enclosure shower. Its one of those with 2 sliding glass doors on an acrylic base.

I believe the brand is Ove Decors, the model is Montebello.

So i noticed lately that when i am showering, stepping on certain areas on the base creates this loud creak. I am 220lbs so this only happens to me, not my kids.

What i noticed is that the creaking is actually flexing the base around the edge, the caulking is flexing and i can see there are cracks in the grout and caulking.

Since this is a condo, i have no chance of looking at this underneath the base, I also do not have much experience with plumbing, let alone fixing the entire shower area.

I read some forums that advised others with similar problems to redo the entire base and pour a proper levelled bed before laying the base.

I thought of an "out of the box" solution and i want to run it by the forum. What if i took a .5 inch drill bit and drilled a hole in the base and pour though the hole any foam or cement mixture to fill up the void between the foundation and the base? I have seen some compound that can be used to fill up the hole, yes the colours will be different, but i just do not want to replace the entire glass door enclosure.

Any ideas?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That’s why we do such things when the customer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Put a level on the floor and shim it up level...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could use these below. It will depend how...
Replies
Views
Back