How to fix leak after installing new kitchen tap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to fix leak after installing new kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Recently installed a new kitchen tap, installation went smoothly until tightening the second flex pipe onto the existing pipework when tightening the whole section just started to spin round. It spins in either direction with no direction seeming to tighten anything, not loose enough to turn by hand mind you. Now when the water is turned on water pours out of the bottom of the fixing. Looking for advice on how to fix as this was supposed to be an easy job and cant turn water on in house until this is fixed because the isolator has siezed and had to turn off the stopcock to attempt this job in the first place, thanks in advanced for any help (pic attached in case my description is lacking)

20190221_140149.jpg

All of that need to be removed and put 2 x 15mm full bore isolation valve on the pipes then a new small piece of 15mm pipe and then 2 x 15mm x 1/2 compression couplers.

C88027B0-1DC5-4500-BFD0-1AEB0C671497.jpeg

Errm sorry Wayne but what about the two NRVs? They DEF need to stay!

Looks to me as if the old olives for the compression fittings need removing and new ones fitting. Do agree completely about the FB ISOs

Have you tried tightening the individual components first, using two spanners or a pair of grips and spanners holding one to prevent spinning and the other to tighten?

Need to tighten the bottom but more

As you look at it needs turning to the right while holding the top hex on the same part / fitting not by hand need tools eg grips and adjustable spanner

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
    • Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I recently installed a new kitchen tap which...
Replies
Views
New tap time... When you buy one, feel its...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Back