How to get an out of state plumbing job when many other states require licensing in the U.S.? | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to get an out of state plumbing job when many other states require licensing in the U.S.? in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I am actually posting this question for my spouse. We are looking to move states. The state we are currently allows plumbers without a license to work in a plumbing company under someone with the required licensing. Currently, my spouse is considered an apprentice.

We are seeking to move for other reasons that are quite necessary, but we have found other states require an apprentice to register first, but they need a job first in that state it seems like.

Is anyone able to provide us information on states such as TN, TX, FL, IN, OK, and others to give us an idea on what to do?

Will an apprentice in other states have to take quite. a bit of a pay cut? The current wage is quite good, but us moving, as I said, is really necessary. Otherwise, we wouldn't be moving.

We're not sure how to get setup or where to begin the process as my spouse needs to be able to get work quickly when we move and at a pay rate that is at least currently being offered. My spouses experience is almost two years, but has quite a bit of skill and knowledge already, and drives a truck alone.

Have you tried the licensing boards directly in those states for their requirements and how to meet them. Nothing better than straight from the horses mouth.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well I am clearly not a plumber LMAO so that's...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
S
My tutors said that Level 3 is a big step up...
Replies
Views
Shayno89
S
Back