How to get into commercial | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to get into commercial in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys how do you get into commercial I keep seeing jobs advertised but they want experience.

image.jpg

This is what commercial does to you...

Tbh if you are employed and whoever you are with atm don't do commercial they only way is to go do your commercial acs at your own expense then go bluff your way into a job. If you don't kill anybody in the 1st couple of weeks you should be fine :)

I have been quoted £1300 to do both my commercial tickets and can get some experience but would be jumping in the deep end

That's about right for basic without any of the comcats

I'm not bothering renewing my comcats when they run out...

Better off going for boosters if you haven't, don't want to work on greasy kitchen equipment and get them nice manicured hands dirty crop

The gas side of commercial is the easy bit
It's everything else that goes with it.
Most light comercial isn't anything more than a larger domestic set up
But when you start going larger if you haven't got brass balls when the crap hits the fan or if you're not particularly educated on electrics/controls then you'll sweat quite abit.

Agree with Killy Bing, light commercial boilers are just big domestic so if you're competent with that you'll be fine, if you want to do package burners, unit heaters, cabinet heaters, plaque and radiant tube then get the ACS, go on some manufacturers courses, then find a tame experienced Commercial guy and work with him for free for a day a week until you're up to speed, short term pain, long term gain... avoid catering like the plague in my opinion ;)

the big thing with commercial is not to be scared or put off by the size of stuff bigger doesnt always mean harder most of the large boiler with package burners can be opened up in less time than a small domestic boiler, the hard bit comes with setting burners up and getting used to stuff being 3 phase. have done commercial and industrial for 33 years its just harder to pick up jobs.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.toolstation.com/flat-tap-washer/p25929
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We just charge it by the hour like everything...
Replies
Views
Back