How to identify what type of system I have? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to identify what type of system I have? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I replaced a radiator from a single to a double and now the radiator lock shield is leaking from the spindle. The lock shield is quite old with a 3/4 union. I looked to see if I can pack the spindle but the spindle is threaded inside a threaded nut, which when I undo, also unscrews the lock shield spindle.

I have a condensing boiler with a vented hot water tank, in my loft I have an overflow/expansion tank which supplies the cold fill loop for the boiler. I was under the impression the cold water tank in the loft was an expansion tank for the central heating, but then why does the boiler require a cold fill loop and pressurised to run?

Its so I can drain the system and replace the lock shield, but I might pay a plumber to do it and also replace another radiator just in case I encounter any issues.

In my previous house my central heating had a cold expansion tank in my loft and a second tank too. So this house only having one throws me.

Thanks.

Sounds like the tank in the loft is for your hot water eg cylinder (should be a big ish tank around 30-50 gallons)

The heating sounds sealed eg filled via the filling loop

Thanks, it’s late and and I just read my op! it’s a little mumble jumble so apologises for that.

If my system is sealed, that means I can just drain my central heating and I won’t have to isolate anything else as the only feed is via the fill loop for the boiler?

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Gmartine and Jerry Thank you for your...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here is a photograph to peruse.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you very much for taking the time both...
Replies
Views
M
Teed off of 10mm feeds from original rad?
Replies
Views
Back