How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibitor | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibitor in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colmax

Newbie question I realise! What is the best way for me to manually flush the cleanser out of my central heating (open Vented) prior to dosing with inhibitor?? Do I close all but one radiator at a time and run water from FE until that single radiator is running cleanly and then move onto the next and so on until completed??

Many thanks to all.

Re: How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibit

Drain from all drain off points, re fill system then drain from all points again

Re: How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibit

Drain from all drain off points, re fill system then drain from all points again

As simple as that - sincere thanks Alex

Hi Alex - I'm still letting Sentinel X400 clean the system (will let it run for 4 weeks) before I drain down and refill, flush etc. You mention 'Drain from all drain points' - I have a question on this. I see that I have two drain points - first one is the lowest point one and is outside of house. The other is a drain point at the top of boiler at base of return flow to boiler. I take it I need to also drain down from here?? Is this to clean out the radiator loop and also the hot water loop???

Many thanks.

Hi Alex - I'm still letting Sentinel X400 clean the system (will let it run for 4 weeks) before I drain down and refill, flush etc. You mention 'Drain from all drain points' - I have a question on this. I see that I have two drain points - first one is the lowest point one and is outside of house. The other is a drain point at the top of boiler at base of return flow to boiler. I take it I need to also drain down from here?? Is this to clean out the radiator loop and also the hot water loop???

Many thanks.

that would be best (to make sure all the muck is out)

Many thanks ShaunCorbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back