How to remove semi pedestal to repair plumbing below sink | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to remove semi pedestal to repair plumbing below sink in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

R

RobertNorth

Hi,

bathroom sink with a semi-pedestal, has two screw covers on the side of the semi-pedestal unit, which I am having trouble removing but do not want to force.

How to remove and put it back without damaging it?

i.e. this ->

Don't chew the screws.

Try Plusgas penetrating oil. Squirt each day then try turning:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/plusg...ODvT_o1RlKzKHht1mRcaAqaUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just Google if that link does not work.

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

There appears to be a version 1 and a version 2 support for the pedestal.
Both are released from under the sink, not from the fixing on the pedestal

Pedestal.PNG

Pedestal 2.PNG

Don't chew the screws.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/plusg...ODvT_o1RlKzKHht1mRcaAqaUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

Hi Roy, thanks for engaging appreciate it as I am at a loss on this.

I have tried to prise off what I took as a screw cover, but even when gently gripped in pliers it does not shift. Nor does using a small head screw driver to lift each side release it. So I cannot current 'get to' the screw head.

From feeling the seems to be a long screw with a sharp end which is at the over side of what I am taking to be the screw cover.

On plusgas the fitting is < 4 years old so should not be excessively rusted as there are has been no water running over these,

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

thank you

Robert.

Don't chew the screws.

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

Also meant to say, most youtube content showing semi-pedestal have the pedestal screwing to the wall, with the holes on either side of the pedestal and the screws going directly in to the wall, that is not my situation, the holes on my semi-pedestal are on the side of the unit, with the screws that are holding it there going parallel to the wall, hence there must be a right angle bracket hidden by the pedestal.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just drill 2 new holes in bress and drill...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Difficult to tell from the photo, but might...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
  • Question
we like happy stories with a good end...
Replies
Views
I would call it installer error. Maybe from...
Replies
Views
Back