How to remove stuck washer cartridge from mixer tap | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to remove stuck washer cartridge from mixer tap in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpeg
    IMG_0148.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 36
What wrench are you using ?

mole grips

There’s your issue needs to be a decent spanner / adjustable to pump grips

There put in with a socket and wizzy gun

The hot water east due to the heat of the hot water loosing it up

You could a pair of 12” or 16” stilson

For future reference, you’re best off with a ring spanner or a socket as they grip all the way around the nut .

Now it’s mullered you are best off with a self tightening wrench which will grip well, but will usually cause a bit of damage. A great version of this is the good old stilsons - just go as big as you need….give up at 48” and just buy a new tap.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
For £60 ish quid might be best just to replace...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The shroud is a push fit and has been removed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, I'll give it more welly!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
Back