How to remove these shower screw fittings from the pipes? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to remove these shower screw fittings from the pipes? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I'm retiling my bathroom, and so everything in this photo minus the copper pipes must be removed.

Anyone familiar with these screw fittings that go over the pipes? They have filed down areas to get an adjustable spanner in there to turn them, but when I grip the copper pipe and the screw fitting, it just turns and turns without any sign of coming loose.

Do I just have to give up and saw off the pipe and get new ones? A major job as then I'll have to make a big hole in the wall to joint in new copper pipe.

Attachments

• 1681406433456.jpg
    1681406433456.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 43
You have to undo the chrome bit and remove the olive chances are you might need to renew the pipe through the wall depending on the loom of it where the olive was etc

Upvote 0
Steady the brass backplate and then turn the bush fitting. If you need x2 hands, then screw brass backplate back on and undo the bush fitting.
You have to undo the chrome bit and remove the olive chances are you might need to renew the pipe through the wall depending on the loom of it where the olive was etc
Thanks for the response. But I'll need some more details.

If I turn the chrome thread body with respect to the copper pipe, it does turn, but any attempt to move it forward or backward along the pipe goes nowhere.

I'm assuming there is an olive in there somewhere but it's not visible from the front. It just looks like the chrome body goes all the way onto the copper.

Upvote 0
Remove the chrome piece entirely off the brass backplate you will see the olive

Upvote 0
Remove the chrome piece entirely off the brass backplate you will see the olive
Thanks - that was the complete info I needed.

Got everything off. Sadly, so fused on was everything that in getting it all off one of the pipes got so scarred / out of shape that the push-fit plug-end I fitted to last while doing all the tiling work doesn't fully seal. So after all that it's likely I'll need to replace the pipe through the wall. Very little margin was made by the plumber that fitted this (new build house only 4 years ago).

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be the cartridge inside that has a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
A few pictures would help us give you more...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Sometimes a few sharp taps with a spanner will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
Back