How to resolve F05 error code on washing machine | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to resolve F05 error code on washing machine in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there,

I have an F05 error code on my hotpoint washing machine and think it related to a blockage.

Would anyone know how I can go about checking to see where the blockage is?

I assume I need to switch off my water from mains before I check?

Thank you!

There will be a pump filter that may be blocked, probably behind a drop down panel on the front of the machine.
Is the machine still full?
Many thanks Mrb - I will have a look - I assume I just pull off the panel at base of machine obviously after turning off water mains.
There was only a little water left in machine and I managed to sponge it out! Now it's empty of water so Ill try looking at the pump -
Many thanks, I'll let you know how I get on - a bit nervous about taking panel off but I guess as long as water is off and I have a tray or container to catch an water from pump area I should be fine....

Many thanks Mrb - I will have a look - I assume I just pull off the panel at base of machine obviously after turning off water mains.
There was only a little water left in machine and I managed to sponge it out! Now it's empty of water so Ill try looking at the pump -
Many thanks, I'll let you know how I get on - a bit nervous about taking panel off but I guess as long as water is off and I have a tray or container to catch an water from pump area I should be fine..

Hi there - i have taken off the panel on washing machine to check filter but the filter wont turn. is there a way in which i can get it to turn ? i am turning anti clockwise but it's just stuck!

Instead of well intention probabilities why not find the answer on hotpoints own website?
I did this recently and found the fix in a few minutes.

Instead of well intention probabilities why not find the answer on hotpoints own website?
I did this recently and found the fix in a few minutes.
i did go to HP website and followed their video - the problem was that the filter screw cap wouldn't rotate but we have managed it with some pliers and fund a sock covering the cap hence it was stuck! Now cleared the blockage
[automerge]1589466430[/automerge]
would you advise running a cycle with no clothes in or a rinse to check?
[automerge]1589466431[/automerge]
would you advise running a cycle with no clothes in or a rinse to check?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Might be an air gap built in to the washing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As above, something metal, e.g. a keyring or...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your trap might be leaking, if that's the case...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
Back