How to run heating and water pipes in new extension with solid floor | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to run heating and water pipes in new extension with solid floor in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Good morning guys,

I’ve currently got some building work going on at home and it’s nearly time to run the heating pipes. The builders are laying a floor which will be hardcore, then sand, then insulation, the dpm and finished with concrete.

My query is about the heating pipes. They’re talking of cutting out a channel in the insulation and running the pipes in this. My concern is that is this correct and if so what is the correct way to do it? The problem I see is if a heating circuit is run under the concrete and dpm, holes will have to be made in the dpm to bring the pipes up and also T pieces will need to be installed underneath the concrete.

Thanks in advance!

It is normal to run pipes in the screed, so above the final DPM. It depends a bit on the exact make up of your floor, but from what you have said- pipes should go in concrete layer.
It is better if a channel is left, and better still if this has a removable top for future access.i.e. Channel in concrete for pipes, with timber rails set in the concrete such that an 18mm ply cover will finish flush with the concrete level

You could lay them directly in the screed insulated mlcp pipe or normal copper and taped insulation

Similar plumbing topics

Is the gas pipe magnetic?
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks KoP. I think I prefer that idea.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok, I’ll give that a try - Thank you for the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Whoever did the underfloor has totally shafted...
Replies
Views
Back