How to set up wood stove + back boiler safely in off-grid situation? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to set up wood stove + back boiler safely in off-grid situation? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

D

Daedalus

Hello everyone,

I want to be able to set up a wood burning stove utilising a back boiler in a situation where I can’t incorporate an electric pump, ideally heating a water tank and if possible a radiator. I’ve read a lot of info on this but the views seem mixed. Some systems I understand incorporate a radiator to prevent the boiler exploding in event of pump failure, therefore this same method is surely able to do what I want? Or is there a better way?

Regards,
Alex

Might be best to speak to the h2 panel guys see if they could design you something won’t be cheap tho

I would not in case the system blows up (home insurance will not cover ) or death or injury to personal.

House insurance won’t be an issue in this case as I won’t have any. This is for an off-grid cabin / bunker design. Nobody will even know the location. It’s the death and injury I want to avoid! This has to be possible… Come on fellas!

Hi Baxi did a back boiler that had sides in cast iron that would heat 4 radiators many years ago May be a older generation plumber had fitted the system SO Your would burner with back boiler does seem a very similer set up I am doing this as i own one of those boilers my open fire has a disconected back boiler where pipe are disconnected but all original piping & hot water cylinder & cold supply tank is still in the loft i would like to recommision it using the Baxi back boiler so i am interested in the replies you get regards

Similar plumbing topics

N
Replies
Views
Thanks, I have sketched out parts but missing...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
An old back boiler will be only 50% efficient...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for this information, it's helpful. It...
Replies
Views
Back