How to stop water coming through a thermostat radiator | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to stop water coming through a thermostat radiator in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I’ve just bought a type 22 to replace my old single radiator.
I’m stuck on the thermostat end of the pipe work. I need to stop the water coming through so that I can replace the old with new. I’ve read different things but I’m still confused on what to do with the thermostat dial as I don’t want to take it off and have the water flow out but also don’t really want to drain the whole system just to replace one radiator.
Any guidance available please!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 26
You will have to drain down as you will need to adjust the pipe work coming out of the wall as most likely the pipe centres will be further off the wall than existing

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
as my post yesterday told you what to do,
Replies
Views
  • Question
To join galvanised water services without...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rough rule of thumb would be- If the pipes are...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
Back