How to tighten a toilet seat on a inaccessible Heritage unit? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to tighten a toilet seat on a inaccessible Heritage unit? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrea Rowe

Hi there
I hope someone can help with some advice. I have looked at a few threads but am still a bit mystified when looking at my own toilet.

I had a new unit installed 1.5 years ago and with 2 kids, 1 side of the seat has now become loose. In every other toilet I have owned this is a simple fix, but when looking at this Heritage unit the screws do not appear to be accessible without removing the unit from the wall, which I can do if I have to, but I am hoping I am missing something obvious! I have attached some images below if that helps.

Any advice gratefully received!

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

Think you will find the seat complete lifts of the two lugs attached to the pan also the two oblong slits near the hinge actually pop ou so you can swap the hinges

Thank you so much Gasmk1 - would never have thought about pulling the seat of that way! All fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Is it the type with 2 grub screws that wind in...
Replies
Views
You will see to holes at the back one each...
Replies
Views
Welp right after posting this I got the seat...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I’ve tried gently prising up the one...
Replies
Views
S
Pull the screw up whilst you untighten it.
Replies
Views
Back