How to turn this cap off on cold water pipe | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to turn this cap off on cold water pipe in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement.

Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap
IMG_0460.jpeg
. I understand I should turn the cap anticlockwise so the flat parts, which are now east west end up north south. It’s fully stuck in this position. I have two other types of the same cap that are on my kitchen sink hot, cold water feed and thought I’d fiddle with them and they too are stuck. So is there something I’m missing. Like a special way to turn them. I’ve a work an coming Friday to sort who told me to turn it off for now but just can’t.

I’m a novice …female…so please speakin layman’s terms if possible.

Huge thanks for any tips.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There are float switches instead of mechanical...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The most likely explanation for what you are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Figured it out!! Had to drain the tank via the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you can pin point the location where the...
Replies
Views
Back