How work the work load | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How work the work load in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

F

flat pack

I had a very slow 3 weeks.
Is it a late kipper season or another eastern ferry arrive at our ports.
Or the raining season put a damper on it.
Thing are now on a roll i hope.
strange times

Have you found this?:dizzy2:

It's been a weird 6 months or so. One week I'm running round like crazy, the next I'm sat on my bum at home. Have recently landed two complete bathroom refits for May and June which make me feel better. My mate who is gas safe is in much the same situation.

Had a most obscure few years to be honest ,alot of contract work i do has dried up and what is left the prices are horrific . Cant balance my workload for toffees either as whenever i get call for work it has to be done now and they wont wait if i dont come now they will get another plumber etc etc.
But (touch wood) managed to keep a wage of sorts coming into the house .

ive had one boiler change, one service and a toilet syphon in the last 4 weeks. I normally work sub contracting to local firms and hosing contracts so april is the slowest time of the year as budgets are being sorted out.

Even with our own showrooms I haven't had a decent weeks wages for the past year, on contracting I still have the regulars but at a price, so take care if considering any big outlay items that you don't really need.

Been busy, very at times and still plenty ahead. Phone hasn't been as busy but have plenty on the books so not too concerned there.

Will take a pay cut and stick to sub contracting in the hope of having a steadier income so I can apply for a mortgage, just deciding what kidney I have to give to the bank manager to make this happen

I know how you feel but ,that just what the big boys love.
british gas owner is American and have other service company in the uk. (dynorod,p,h,jone. etc)
service magic is American trading here.
sainsbury do boilers
tesco do boilers.
Its not far away the wage up north are dropping
before long self employed we not be worth it,and we will be working and rent from tesco..

Oh your kidney no good they want your Heart,because they don't have one.Or maybe two for one your wife as well.
Tesco donor shop EXTRA
Free parking for the disable plumber.

nice day today

I've gone back contracting. Feels like I've re joined the dark side! But it's regular income and I ccould do with a run of that. Typically my own work has now started coming back in.

I'm trying not to put a dampner on it but BG are just about to have another wave of redundancies as they aren't selling enough new boilers, they''ve flooded the market over the last few years (excuse the pun!).

Every one of those guys will set up on their own but I would think the majority of new firms will be south as thats where they did most of their new business.

More competition!

Similar plumbing topics

Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small...
Replies
Views
Back