HW not working when CH is on | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HW not working when CH is on in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a problem where my HW heats only when my CH is not on. When both are on only CH works. I have insurance for the boiler and heating, but not covered for just heating issues (should have read the small print).

I have changed the mid port valve actuator and the programmer (Drayton for Drayton). I have an Ideal system boiler.

Did some probing in the connector box and found that the HW satisfied is about 50v when both HW and CH is on. 240v when just HW (I guess until hot) and 240v when just CH is on.

Any ideas?

I would be looking at the mid position actuator or the wiring, here’s something to look at regarding testing:

1672756485987.jpeg

Checked out the box with a multimeter and all is as specified above, except when CH and HW are on grey is at about 100V not 0.

Is this the fault, since I assume this is HW satisfied.

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted a Drayton LP822, it even used the same...
Replies
Views
John Thank you for all your help, changed the...
Replies
Views
What is the cylinder thermostat set to?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have that feeling, I will get some one to...
Replies
Views
Thanks, will drop that one out when doing the...
Replies
Views
Back