I have a pluming question about my home central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I have a pluming question about my home central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julianhaines

Hi,

I have a pluming question about my home central heating, Ihave a BAXI 3 50 FP which was installed about 10 years ago which is used forhot water and heating.

I also have:

1. A water cylinder in my airing cupboard heatedvia the BAXI

2. A small open radiator header tank in the loft
  3. 2 x large 25G open water tanks in the loft

My question is are the two large 25G water tanks for hot orcold water storage? I have tested the water yesterday and its totally cold butcould this be that it’s just not heated at the moment I tested?

I think I have checked before a long time ago and the waterwas hot? Could it be that the replacement of the boiler for the BAXI the tankswere re-purposed?

Regards

Joolz

The tanks in your loft will be for feeding cold water to the rest of the house including your hot water cylinder. It is in this cylinder that the water will be heated for use at hot taps. There could be a number of reasons for some of the water being warmer in the tanks but i wouldn't worry yourself about it unless it's happening regularly

Those tanks replenish the water in your cylinder as you draw off the hot water. At one time they would also have provided the cold supply to the bathroom. That may or may not have been converted to mains cold at some point.

If the water in the tank was warm then you've got a problem with your cylinder and you need to get a plumber with the G3 qualification to have a look.

They are your cold water storage cisterns for your hot water cylinder in your airing cupboard . As you use hot water via the taps or shower, they refill it to be heated again inside the cylinder.

The tanks in your loft will be for feeding cold water to the rest of the house including your hot water cylinder. It is in this cylinder that the water will be heated for use at hot taps. There could be a number of reasons for some of the water being warmer in the tanks but i wouldn't worry yourself about it unless it's happening regularly

Must learn to type faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
Back