I Have a problem with my central heating system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I Have a problem with my central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

N

Norman Levenson

At the end of December 2021, I moved into a ground floor flat with a "wet" Central Heating system. It is fitted with a Sadia Electric Boiler (Amtec 9Kw), which is fairly new and has been checked very recently. The system works OK when the room stat is set a temps below 15degrees but if it is set above that (say 20 degrees) the system will run for a short while and the the boiler shuts down and continues to make a grinding/kettling noise. You have to switch the system off and wait for it to cool down before you can reset it and then it works again at the lower temps.

Someone came and changed the stand alone pump with a new one but it still operates the same.

Is the room stat the problem? The flat was built in the late seventies/early eighties.

Can Anyone HELP?

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back