I have a problem with my glow worm betacom 24c boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I have a problem with my glow worm betacom 24c boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nohope

I have a problem with my glow worm betacom 24c boiler. The heating and hot water works fine.. However when I run the hot water it works fine but when I turn off the hot water (tap) the boiler stays firers upped.! Sometimes for hours.
Can you help please

Is your hot water fed from a storage tank or directly from the boiler? If directly from the boiler, it's possible, you may have a slightly leaky hot water tap (somewhere) causing the boiler to remain on.

You may have a warm start on your boiler which heats up the plate heat ex. Are your radiators getting hot when its firing up? Is your hot water as hot as it usually is? Let your boiler cool down then turn on hot water check the heating flow and returns are they getting hot when the taps are on?

Not the best boiler that Glow-Worm made, it is a combi that you are asking about ? or do you have a hot water tank, more information on type of system please .

Thanks Guy
In response to your questions
It does not have a separate water tank
It is a combi.
The rads do not heat up and also the flow also does not heat up when the boiler is firing up.
The firing up is sporadic, sometime it does straight after turning the hot tap off sometimes it could be an hour or so afterwards.

Thanks
Again

Hi, turn off the water stop tap, open hot taps to drain. Turn on heating, does it work ? if it does you've got a hot tap dripping or a faulty shower valve. If it doesn't get a GS engineer to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
I
I'm not an expert, but if your system is...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Yeah, good shout. I will use the immersion...
Replies
Views
Back