I love cold callers! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I love cold callers! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
They really brighten up my day at work. I used to get really annoyed by them but now I've discovered all sorts of fun you can have with them.

Had a PPI company phone me up today telling me that I was entitled to compensation. Amazing really considering I've never taken out a loan with PPI in my life.

Stopped him after 2 minutes of talking to me, hold on, I am the apprentice of the company I will just transfer you through to the boss ok?

Turned up radio 1 then left the phone in front of it whilst on speakerphone. The guy started singing along to it lol. He waited for over 2 minutes before giving up.

My next prank is going to be getting the apprentice to ring up an indian takeaway or domino's pizza or something next time someone phones. Then we will get both phones on speakerphone and put the PPI salesman through to them :)

We kept getting the 'you've have been involved in an accident' phone calls, so my son answered yes how do you know? We have our ways was the reply, was it a serious accident? Yes son says, just you or were there others? Me and 4 friends, caller now excited, were you seriously injured? Yes all of us, now sheer delight on the phone, what happened? We all died! Phone goes quiet. Not had any calls for over 9 months now

We had one recently too, well the plasterer I use did. I got back to the job from the merchants and the guy was on speakerphone trying to sell him website optimisation if I remember correctly.

I then picked up the phone and carried on chatting to the guy. He didn't clock it was someone entirely different.

I let him explain the whole service he offered and pricing etc. Then I said, thanks but you will probably need to speak to the owner of the business, I will just put you through.

Put him back on to the plasterer who said, I'll just stop you there, not at all interested in website design or work.

The guy must have been on the phone for 20 minutes from when I got in.

I turn the questioning round on them, asking how they are, what's the job like, how well does it pay, are there any vacancies and so on.

One guy I think I had in tears what with asking him to repeat what he said, ging and getting a pencil, painstakingly writing down anything he said that wasn't entirely relevant and then asking him to start all over again when I 'spilled water over my notes'......

God botherers knocking on the door, now, they're the ones I enjoy the most!

Had one handing out informatory religeous pamphlets in the pub once. Told him not to bother me while I was at worship........

I have to try really hard to remember that the actual person on the phone probably hates it as much as you do, and does it to feed their kids. There aren't many things I wouldnt do to feed my family.

If I could get hold of the bosses behind it, that would be a different story.

I tell them to hold on fir a second whilst I make my phone beep a couple of times and that I'm now recording the conversation. They always hang up.

I also asked for a quote from a national double glazing company, they were too dear, but kept ringing asking did I want them doing, finally snapped f**ked and blinded down the phone lad on the other end called me a 'manc t**t and put the phone down on me! he had probably had just as bad a day.

I once lost my temper with a Scouser trying to sell me a ficticious add in a police magazine, I called him an effing lying C word and not to effing dare ring me up again.

I feel sorry for the poor fecks on the other end, then I remember that programme on the welsh call centre and the guilt goes away about swearing at them.

I have'nt the time nor the inclination to be bothered with them.
I hang up or dont answer, and let them move onto to their next number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

According to the manual if there's over 340mm...
Replies
Views
I ignore their questions and ask those of my...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back