I need to see a working Sanicompact WC near Surrey / London area | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I need to see a working Sanicompact WC near Surrey / London area in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

D

Dazbuild

Hi, I have a client who I'm building a cloakroom which needs a macerator WC. Its a very small floor area and the Sanicompact looks ideal but the client has heard they are very noisy and wants to see one displayed working.
Saniflo have said they can set one up in their Bedford workshop with a couple of weeks notice but I wondered if anyone knows where there is a working display unit or if anyone has installed one and their client would be happy for us to have a quick look and listen?
Many thanks
Darryl
07896 199938

Hi Darryl, The Compact is noisy compared to the other models because there is no sound of the cistern refilling to mask the noise of the motor. Instead consider the Slim with a sheet of soft rubber underneath and behind to stop any vibration on the floor and wall and do not use the mounts to screw the pump to the floor. Then a simple wooden box of 4 removable panels with loft insulation inside will keep it all quiet. Do not cover the air vent and remember at some point somebody will have to remove the wooden boxing so keep that simple.

Hi Darryl, The Compact is noisy compared to the other models because there is no sound of the cistern refilling to mask the noise of the motor. Instead consider the Slim with a sheet of soft rubber underneath and behind to stop any vibration on the floor and wall and do not use the mounts to screw the pump to the floor. Then a simple wooden box of 4 removable panels with loft insulation inside will keep it all quiet. Do not cover the air vent and remember at some point somebody will have to remove the wooden boxing so keep that simple.
Hi RPM,
many thanks. I appreciate the tip. I think well go for the 'slim' with the smallest projection WC I can find (do you have any recommendations for the smallest wc pan assembly I could use?).
Cheers
Darryl

Hi, sorry m8 can`t recommend a WC other than make sure it`s BS EN 33 or 37 rated which basically is to do with the outlet spigot size & height from the floor. Only tips I can give you are look inside the spigot as some pans are rough cast whilst others are smooth which means less resistance to the water flow and some pans have a very sharp U bend compared to others. Sani`s work best with a full 6 litres of water and a good siphon /dump valve or the waste matter doesn`t always reach the cutting blade and builds up to a blockage. Also make sure the pan spigot and the Sani inlet are in-line, an inch higher or lower can also cause problems.

If room is really tight I have seen the Sani situated on the other side of a wall outside in a box with an extension pipe between pan & pump but Saniflo UK say this pipe shouldn`t be longer than 150mm or it can in time block so the trick here is to have the pump slightly lower with a good "fall" on the pipe to the Sani but if you go this route then replace the smaller Slim with the larger tank of the Flo, Top,Plus or Pro depending on what you are connecting to the pump.

Have you looked at the 10 Golden rules at Sanlfo.co.uk ?

Last edited:
Hi, I have a client who I'm building a cloakroom which needs a macerator WC. Its a very small floor area and the Sanicompact looks ideal but the client has heard they are very noisy and wants to see one displayed working.
Saniflo have said they can set one up in their Bedford workshop with a couple of weeks notice but I wondered if anyone knows where there is a working display unit or if anyone has installed one and their client would be happy for us to have a quick look and listen?
Many thanks
Darryl
07896 199938

Morning,
Just to follow up on this post and the advice I gave then.
There is now the new Sanicompact on the market which has been redesigned and I`m told by a colleague that has installed one that it is much quieter in operation so noise levels in a small room should no longer be an issue.

I did a bathroom last month for a couple with one of these.....I'm sure if I ask they will let your customers come round for a dirty.

:lol:

I did a bathroom last month for a couple with one of these.....I'm sure if I ask they will let your customers come round for a dirty.

:lol:
Hi Phil
many thanks for your reply. My post was a few months ago and the job is built now but I appreciate your offer.
In the end I went for a newer quieter version of the sanislim as I'd heard the Sanicompact was quite noisy; did you find this also?
Cheers
Darryl

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi. Sorry if I missed it - did it get resolved...
Replies
Views
Hey Dennis, Much appreciate you are giving...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Yes
Replies
Views
F
If you're interested please pm the op...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
R
Thank you for posting this opportunity for our...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back