I think my heads going to explode | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Mike Jackson
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 235

Discuss I think my heads going to explode in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Just sitting going through the pre course work for my WRAS water regs exam in a couple of weeks. I thought I was fairly well up on the regs but this is a minefield. No wonder they recommend 14 hours a week study for 4 weeks prior to the exam.

Out of interest what are you doing it for? I mean I know it's a good thing to have but do you have to have it for something you're taking on?

isn't it open book now mike?

Everything should be open book Steve. I couldn't even remember where I left my spirit level this morning after taking it out the van, let alone remembering all the rules and regs.

oh and the level was on top of the van :)

i agree, there is surely no way everyone can remember every little fact, rule and regulation

every time i learn something new it pushes something old out of my brain "homer simpson"

Yes it's open book but it's such a bloody great book that I'll need to know roughly where to find the answers.

I'm doing it because I can then join the CIPHE competent persons scheme and I want something else that sets me apart from the rest of the muppets round this way that wouldn't know how to identify a fluid risk category if it bit them on the arse.

There's also rumblings about this water safe scheme or another similar scheme that the water regulator is pushing the water undertakings to set up and I want to be in at the start.

mike when i did mine the question told you where to find the answer, which section and page etc.

Once upon a time there were rumblings in Happy Land that plumbers would need to be registered 'in a few years time'
I thought I'd like to be in at it's inception so I did 2years night school (I already had my Gas C&G so was excused year 1), got my C&G, joined the IOP and........ Nothing.
That was 30 years ago.

mike when i did mine the question told you where to find the answer, which section and page etc.

Did mine last year and that was the case for me too, 1 days revision and then the test. Some of the guys done the test really fast and still got 100%. Nothing to worry about :)

as steve b said , done mine a few weeks ago few questions you might need to read twice, nothing to worry about you will be ok.

half day training then half day exam, anyone capable of getting to the test centre passes within an hour, easy peasy lemon squeezy

isn't it open book now mike?

water regs exam is the easiest exam in the universe, the question tells you what section to look in for the answer, it is technically impossible to fail, but its all about learning then knowing the stuff and having the book to reference on jobs,

It looked to me like the questions were more about making you study the regs to get the wording right than trying to catch you out.

It looked more to me like it was another excuse to extract cash from you for the privilege of being supplied a reg book, and double checking you could actually read whilst you were there.

water regs exam is the easiest exam in the universe, the question tells you what section to look in for the answer, it is technically impossible to fail, but its all about learning then knowing the stuff and having the book to reference on jobs,
We have had a few fail so is possible!!! is it all about passing a test or maybe, just maybe its about acquiring some knowledge & understanding, at the least, perhaps, it is should allow you to be able to find the information required to tell if you can install one of the kitchen taps where a hose can be pulled out & left in the bowl.

is the water regs course one that has to be redone every 5 years,
or is it a one off that lasts forever

At the moment it is still what they call "ever green" it lasts for ever. Just like my un-vented one DID until they updated the Building Regs in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Don’t know what he’s talking about as the...
Replies
Views
done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
Evohome is not the latest technology, but it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Back